The result of compression is an increase in blood flow, through this simple attribute Skins garments can deliver a greater oxygen supply to the muscles in a shorter space of time. The encapsulating fit also eliminates vibration feedback, adding up to a garment that delays the onset of fatigue and lactic acid build up through increased blood flow, yielding improved performance, protection against injury and improved recovery. If your looking to evolve your training, compression gear is the next step and skins have got your covered.
The Skins Cycling Shorts
Utilising compression technology, the Skins Cycling Shorts ensure that through every degree of motion the garment excels at its purpose. Not all muscles are made equal in the body, thus the compression needs of set muscles differ to unleash optimum performance when active. Developed with Skins Engineered gradient compression technology, the Skins Cycling Shorts ensures compression levels are optimised for activity and motion.
When training and performing at your peak, heat and perspiration are generated which can cause discomfort and loss of focus. To combat this assault on pure performance the Skins cycling shorts employ fine Italian Fabrics melded with the moisture management inherent in any Skins product, wicking moisture away from the skin, removing discomfort and distraction from your ride.
Working in concert with the moisture wicking capabilities of the material utilised within the garment Skins have also integrated their own SKINdry technology. Enhancing moisture management to accelerate the evaporation of perspiration, slow the formation of humidity on the skin and keep constant temperature.
Comfort is Key
The premium chamois offers maximum comfort through anatomically shaped padding and a seamless design. A wide jacquard elastic with silicon gripper at the hem adds additional comfort, positioning, and hold while the inside leg panels feature antifriction panels to support your dynamic movements. Gender specific the chamois offered from Skins offer mile after mile of comfort.
Working in concert with the main chamois the shorts also feature target pressure alleviation. The ultra high density perennial inserts to relieve pressure on sensitive areas, placed in key pressure points when riding in the road bike position. A quick drying, perforated base layer provides maximum ventilation.
To surmise the Skins Cycling Shorts feature a veritable technological profusion of features and design aspects to deliver a high performance piece that will help give you the edge over the peloton.
- Dynamic Gradient Compression – Increases oxygen delivery to active muscles while in motion and reduces lactic-acid build-up for more power and less recovery time.
- Muscle Wrapping – Eliminates Vibration feedback, reducing the risk of exercise induced injury.
- Injury Prevention – Reduced pressure and supports the muscles to prevent possible injury.
- Warp Knit – Utilises multiple fine quality yarns to give superior performance. Skins have integrated their own mix of elastane to deliver the perfect mix of elasticity and consistently provide perfectly controlled compression at all times.
- Moisture Management – Advanced wicking is inherent in all SKINS fabrics – moisture is drawn away from your skin, so you stay dry and comfortable.
- SKINdry – Enhances moisture management to accelerate the evaporation of perspiration, slow the formation of humidity on the skin and keep constant temperature.
- Anti Friction Panels – The inside leg panels feature strategically placed ceramic treated anti friction panels for reduced friction to support dynamic movements.
- Mesh Inserts – Offer excellent ventilation.
- Wide Jacquard Elastic with Silicon Gripper at Hem – For maximum comfort, garment positioning and hold.
- High Performance Chamois – The gender specific chamois has a seamless technology with the pads moving with the body in motion through an innovative
- Y’style moulded 90 degree shape and this eliminates skin rashes and irritations on the inguinal parts during every pedal stroke.
- Premium Road Performance Chamois – The Elastic Interface® Technology Road Performance Carbonium chamois features ultra high density perennial inserts to relieve pressure on sensitive areas, placed in key pressure points when riding in the road bike position. A quick drying, perforated base layer provides maximum ventilation.
- Reflective Heat Seals – Increases Visibility in low level lighting.