Years of top-level racing expertise deliver their crowning jewel: the P Zero™ Velo, here to challenge the best bicycle clincher performance. At its core, Pirelli’s SmartNET™ Silica: enjoy reliable grip in both dry and wet, as well as enviable puncture resistance and mileage. Impossible? Not anymore.
Pirelli’s SmartNET™ Silica grants both rolling efficiency and wet grip.
FGD and ICS technologies-powered tread design provides sensational handling confidence and performance.
SmartNET™ Silica and the special aramid fiber puncture resistance belt allow you to enjoy extensive mileage and long-term reliability.
- TREAD: The rubber belt, the design of its pattern and the cross section all are at the heart of the performances of a tyre: the contact point between the ground and the bicycle. It is made of a mix of carefully selected and balanced chemical elements and engineered grooves, that greatly contribute to the tyre’s outstanding performance. Made from our innovative SmartNET™ Silica and ICS and FGD technologies, it provides all-round cycling excellence.
- RUBBER COMPOUND: Derived from our vast motorsport experience, on both 4 wheels and 2 wheels, whether on- or off-road, Pirelli’s SmartNET™ Silica is an important innovation in bicycle tyre compound technology: thanks to its nano-rod conformation and the resulting network generation, coupled with the natural chemical water affinity of the Silica itself, it solves the traditional trade-off of rubber compounds, ranking high on opposite features such as rolling and wet grip, mileage and puncture protection.
- CONSTRUCTION: Developed over a 127tpi casing, our tread features Pirelli Functional Design Groove and Ideal Contour Shaping technologies: the casing textile is designed to match contour for optimal footprint, while different crown and sidewall radii guarantee controlled and specific tire deformation at different speed and lean angles. On top of this, our lightning bolt groove design, derived from our experience in motorbike racing tire design, adds optimal water drainage at different angles and force loads, while ensuring low noise output and quick warm up times, for immediate maximum grip levels, period.
- BREAKER: An aramid fiber belt located underneath the tread in order to protect the casing from sharp objects: aramid is a fiber with high cut and abrasion resistance. Its light weight and flexibility also ensure rolling efficiency and overall performance of the tyre.
TECHNICAL SPECS 700X25C
- WEIGHT: 205
- CASING: 127 tpi
- ANTI PUNCTURE: Aramid fiber
- COMPOUND: Smartnet Silica