P ZERO™ Velo Tub is the result of several months of intensive development work of the R&D department of Pirelli with World Tour PRO cyclists and mechanics.
All the elements of the final version of P ZERO™ Velo Tub has been tested, modified and tuned on that environment: built on the finest 320tpi Corespun with aramid reinforced casing, latex inner tube for improved weight, rolling and puncture protection; Yellow Soft compound for uncompromising grip and handling performances.
P ZERO™ Velo Tub is a ready-to-race handmade tubular tyre and is perfect for Granfondo racing as well as shorter high-paced races, while also being a solid and reliable tyre for everyday riding.
– World class grip performance
– Latest tubular technology
– Approved by World Tour PRO riders and mechanics
– Winning tubular for amateurs and passionate cyclists
– Racing feeling and speed
– 48mm RVC valve
- TREAD : P ZERO™ Velo Tub tread and profile are designed drawing into Pirelli’s extensive motorsport experience: the lightning bolt pattern design features narrow angles at the center of the footprint to ensure regular wear and progressive feedback, while the wider lateral angles provide solid behavior and responsiveness at the end of the lean. Little grooves are placed in the middle of the tread to lower the rolling resistance, while the design of the outer section offers a constant and coherent feeling while leaning in high speed corners.
Thanks to the Yellow Soft compound and the ICS and FGD technologies, the tread design guarantees a cycling experience never seen before.
- RUBBER COMPOUND : P ZERO™ Velo Tub features the Yellow Soft compound, a high performance rubber blend that has been specifically developed to maximize handling and grip performance on both dry and wet roads, without compromising rolling resistance.
This special compound has been specifically developed for competitions where grip and handling should never compromise on speed and cornering precision.
- CONSTRUCTION : P ZERO™ Velo Tub is built on a fine 320tpi Corespun casing reinforced with aramid fibers for added puncture protection while delivering comfort and sharp handling.
The dimension of the casing has been tested and developed for wide modern tubular rims.
- INNER TUBE : P ZERO™ Velo Tub features an optimized latex inner tube for lower rolling resistance and higher puncture protection. Dimension and thickness are optimized on the section of P ZERO™ Velo Tub for a better air retention and for reduced stretching for an even better puncture protection.
TECHNICAL SPECS 700X28C
WEIGHT : 320gr
CASING : 320tpi
ANTI PUNCTURE : Aramid Fiber
Aramid Fiber : Yellowsoft Compound